Erasmus+ KA229 Coding Digital Educational Games
Our project, which was accepted by the Turkish National Agency in 2020, is carried out under the coordination of our school with the participation of 5 different schools from 4 different countries.
The basis of our project is based on our eTwinning project called “Coding Digital Education Games”, which we made in 2019 with the aim of facilitating the learning of Mathematics and Science courses. This project was awarded the European Quality label by signing a huge success and was invited to 10.Ulusal Conference by the eTwinning National Support Service because of enter between 200 best projects of the year in Turkey. Thanks to this project, we had many shares with our partners, where we learned our weaknesses and strengths. We have decided to present our project as a transnational project in order to develop this successful project we have realized from the eTwinning platform, to share good practice examples and successful works, and to expand Digital Education Games, one of the educational methods of the future. Three of the partners of our Erasmus + project are Atatürk MTAL, who is also a partner of our eTwinning project, Portugal Escola Secundária and Turgutlu Zübeyde Hanım MTAL. Other partners of our project are Italy E. Mattei and Poland ZESPOL SZKOL schools. The main requirement for the establishment of this partnership is that the success percentage of these schools in Mathematics and Science classes is not at the desired level. In this context, in line with the strategic plan targets of the partner schools, enriching learning environments, increasing the average of success of Mathematics and Science courses from about 16% to 25%, increasing the use of technology in education and expanding them are our main goals. In addition, it is our common goal raising individuals who can produce solutions to a problem through engineering design, associate science and mathematics with their daily lives, have a good knowledge of foreign languages, care about European citizenship, and culturally rich.
Mobility activities planned in our project:
1. C1 Digital Game Coding Tools – Turkey (Ataturk MTAL)
2. C2 Digital Math Games (PC) – Poland
3. C3 Digital Physics Games (Mobile / Android) – Italy
4. C4 Digital Chemistry Games (Mobile / IOS) – Portugal
5. C5 Digital Biology Games (Website) – Turkey (Zubeyde Hanim MTAL)
Students and teachers of all schools in our project will participate indirectly or directly in our project. The first mobility activity (C1) of our project will be staff training activities and 2 teachers from each partner school will participate. The other 4 mobility activities (C2, C3, C4, C5) will be the exchange of student groups, and 4 students and 2 teachers from all partner schools will participate in each activity. The age range of our students who will participate in the activities will be between 14-19. Attention will also be paid to the participation of students with disadvantaged backgrounds in our project activities. Our project activities will be carried out practically and will continue simultaneously with our eTwinning project. In our project activities; methodologies such as introduction / discussion, problem determination, brainstorming, teamwork, design criteria, reviewing and measuring your solution will be used frequently.
Concrete results we want to produce in our project:
– The start of a modern education process, where they receive education with their own unique learning speeds,
– Using technology resources with self-management and problem solving focus,
– Realizing the intelligent behavior model of the computer and gaining engineering design processes,
– Ability to make their own games by improving their competencies,
– Creating a classroom environment that will increase motivation, interests, creativity and motivation to succeed and learn with fun,
– Development of new generation digital measurement materials that support metacognitive skills in order to obtain desired results in exams,
– Enriching communication skills and adapting to technological developments more easily,
– Improving EU language skills and cultural capacities.
– Developing digital games by developing their competencies and creating a new interdisciplinary learning platform,
– Being an active player, not only transferring ready-made information to their students but also directing their students to a quality and diverse source of information,
– Using their knowledge to produce new products and projects.
Thanks to our project, Educational Digital Games, one of the learning tools of the digital age, will be integrated into our curriculum, our success level in Science and Mathematics courses will increase and partner schools will be exemplary institutions in their regions. In addition, our teachers will have high motivation to teach and our students’ commitment to school will increase. In this way, our project will also contribute to the goal of reducing early school dropout, which is one of the EU 2020 targets, from 15% to 10%.